Monday, July 11, 2016

Two Weeks

I let a friend convince me to show at Gladstone on the 28th. To be fair, it didn't take much convincing. Gladstone, formally known as Hamilton Farm, is the headquarters of the USET. It's historic, gorgeous, and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to ride crappily where Olympians have tread.

And crappy riding it will be! I had just finished up two months of PT for my neck, I was feeling much better and my riding was getting back on track, when I got The Cold From Hell. I've had it for two weeks now, and can't seem to shake the cough. This means I haven't worked my horse in the last two weeks, except the one lesson I took last week in which I wanted to die. It was so bad that my trainer, genuinely concerned for my health, rode my horse for me in jeans and sneakers (and still rode better than healthy me). 

So, now I've got two weeks (technically, 17 days) to get ready to show at the USET headquarters and try to look decent (as in, not like I'm riding a horse I just pulled out of a field). I should probably be riding the aforementioned horse, but instead I'm sitting here next to my arena having some "cough medicine" because procrastination is my superpower. 

Adult Pony Club - South Jersey Chapter, Representin'!


I will, of course, be taking my Wine Sippy Cup with me to Gladstone for awesome photo ops. And also for liquid encouragement and "cough medicine".

2 comments:

  1. "Liquid encouragement..." brings to mind an arena where, if you came off your horse (for any reason) you had to buy for everybody. There were some *anonymous* riders who felt they were 'even better riders' after a couple drinks.
    Not me.
    Okay, it was me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...