Sunday, December 13, 2015

Ride Journal Week 2: Accepting My New Normal

This week's ride summary is super easy: I didn't.

I had a bit of a cold, and I was tired. Every day I said to myself, "I'll just let myself rest today... Tomorrow I'll feel better." Then tomorrow would come around and I didn't feel better, because being tired and getting colds is part of the side effects of my new immune suppressant drugs. 

It's time to accept that tired and sniffly are my "normal". "Better" isn't going to come with rest and time off, this is probably as good as it gets. "Better" is something I will have to make for myself, by getting up off the couch and continuing on with my life no matter how tired and sniffly I am. 

So, I'll go do that now. I mean, it's 70 degrees in NJ in December, you can't really get a more clear signal from the universe to get your ass outside.


Plus, this tiny potato has got my back.

6 comments:

  1. never underestimate the power of the small potato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the 70's too. I haven't been able to resist.

    Go tiny potato - go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope getting out and about again will help you feel more normal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A signal to ride, and I didn't. Still haven't worked the muscles I need to use to ride after my latest hip surgery. Trying to find the motivation, but it's just not there. Not being physically fit/healthy enough to ride stinks. I do hope you can find your way into the saddle to enjoy the sunshine, though. It might make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.custom website design service

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...