Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lessons In Perseverance

I won't sugar coat this: I feel like ass covered ass with ass sauce.

My IBD has reared its ugly head again, and my usual meds aren't working. I'm on steroids again.

If you've never been on steroids, the first sentence of this post pretty much sums up what it's like. I'm exhausted all the time. Not the good exhausted, like after a workout or doing something important... yesterday I had to go lay down after I took a shower because taking a shower was just too much. It's that kind of exhausted.

When my trainer texted me that he would be in the area and asked if would I like to take a lesson, I still said "yes", because I need things like that. I need them to get myself up off the couch and out doing the things that I love.

I warned him not to expect anything spectacular, because I'd been so sick.

About half-way through my lesson he stopped and said, "If this is you riding sick and weak, you can be sick and weak all the time. This is good work."

I laughed, then I had to fess up: "I've only ridden twice since my last lesson. I've probably only ridden 10 times in the last month, but every time I ride I make it count."

I'm not sharing that story for sympathy, or for pats on the back. I share it because we've all got something that we think is holding us back.

Today I learned that if you just get yourself out there, get on the horse and ride like you mean it, you can accomplish great things.



I also learned some really great exercises and stuff, but I'm too damn tired to write them up. 

9 comments:

  1. feel better soon! also i love that dino pic haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are feeling poorly but yay for making the most of the energy you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your observation that we all have something that is holding us back...connected with me. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, but, at the same time, manage to capture the magic your illness seems to impart for the next time you manage to climb into the saddle to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unstoppable!! I should definitely remember this with all my life changes coming up in the next few months that are going to make riding hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like sometimes if I really focus and work hard, I get more out of a 15 minutes ride, whereas if I toodle around and take breaks during a 45 minute ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. You suck at this, ozgur. If you're going to try to get people to click on your bogus links, you should tag them with interesting text like, "Hot dudes who will totally groom your horse and pay for him, too!"

      Nobody's going to fall for your stupid ass click bait. Try again.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...