Friday, March 13, 2015

All In A Day's Work.

People say it's hard to find barn help. I think what they actually mean is "good barn help". If they're looking for terrible, but very entertaining barn help, I can lend them Jack. 

Now that it's not freezing anymore, I've been meaning to pull the heater on the stock tank. Jack decided to expedite this process by dumping the whole tank over. 

"You can't prove it was me."


Since it was now empty and laying on the correct side to replace the heater, I decided to just go out and get it done. 

Jack wanted to help with that, too. 

The problem with 17h giraffes disguised as horses is that no matter how far away you shoo them they can still reach you with their Go-Go Gadget necks. 

I swear he's like 10 ft away from me here.


I finally just gave up and let him help. 

He had a little trouble with "lefty loosey, righty tighty".

After we had the plug back in, it was time to give the tub a quick cleaning. 

Spots wandered over to supervise that part of the project.


Then we split a cocktail as a reward for a job well done. 

Vodka kills horse germs, right?

9 comments:

  1. Glad you have such a fine "helper"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The left loosey shot is so crisp & clear. I might be weird, but I love muzzle shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loling, love it! I used to have a horse that stick her head under water and rip the heaters out for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! that is so cute. Steele was fascinated by power tools and tried to make off with my drill on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol too cute!! "Vodka kills horse germs right?" Sounds good to me haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Normally, my horses just do "snoopervision." However, upon occasion they too join in the work effort. Glad to see Jack has a good work ethic and a aptitude for plumbing. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naturally - after chores comes happy hour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best photo essay I have ever seen. Two weeks ago we were feeding my friend's horse blackberry elderflower hard lemonade from our hands! He should have had his own glass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...