Monday, October 6, 2014

Life Hack For Whinos

So, as I was perusing Facebook today, I found an article entitled "15 fashion life hacks only the stylists know" or something like that. Normally, I wouldn't click on a fashion article, but George Takei shared it and he's usually hilarious, so I clicked.

Most of the hacks were things I'd never need, seeing as how I'm not exactly a fashionista, but one caught my eye: "keep your tall boots in shape by putting empty wine bottles in them". That is brilliant!!!

I have loads of wine bottles!

Ironically, I had just taken the recycling to the dump and I didn't have an empty wine bottle to try this with. I had to open a bottle and empty it myself. It was a real hardship, and I apologize for any grammar and spelling errors. 

But, it totally works! And I think it does a better job than the actual boot shapers I bought!

Wine bottle boot is on the left (right foot boot), boot shaper is on the right.


It keeps the ankles in a more natural shape, I think, and rounds them out better than the boot shaper. 

As an added bonus, the bottles come filled with wine!



6 comments:

  1. OMG this is brilliant! And I snorted with laughter: "I didn't have an empty wine bottle to try this with. I had to open a bottle and empty it myself. It was a real hardship, and I apologize for any grammar and spelling errors." Will definitely keep this in mind for my next pair of tall boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolz. Brilliant, other than the oops I shattered my boot bottle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is so perfect! i am totally doing this - so much easier than hauling out the recycling. now i just need, uh, a few more pairs of tall boots, *ahem...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...