Saturday, April 26, 2014

Reclaim Your Joy

I've been so lazy lately, and getting nothing done with my horses.

We had a rough, nasty winter, but now spring is finally here. With the warmer temperatures and good weather, I should be excited to get out and ride. I'm not, though. I just have no motivation, no interest in riding......



As I was whining writing that, my horses all walked past the porch and I snapped this picture:




I was all set to write a post about my lack of motivation and how I was going to fix it, but as I watched them stroll past I realized everything I'd just written sounded pretty dumb. My horses just walked right past me, I don't have to go anywhere or schedule a time to go ride them. All I have to do is get up and walk the 15 ft out to their pasture. I'm going to go do that now.

Sometimes, reclaiming your joy is as easy as walking out into the pasture and catching it.













7 comments:

  1. yay, how lucky to have them so close by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. The motivation to ride comes and goes with me as well. Just being able to go out simply be with my Boys can be more than enough to satisfy my joy. And giving them a carrot does much to satisfy their joy as well. *S*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! My boy is right out in my yard too and I still have that lack of motivation thing. Thanks for sharing how you reclaimed your joy. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...