Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pushing Back My New Year's Resolutions...

Not that I really make resolutions, but whatever.

Shortly after the new year started I got a nasty virus that just wouldn't go away.  The virus then turned into bronchitis, and then a into a severe sinus infection and now I've strained my ribs coughing.  I haven't done anything with any of my horses since this year started, and it's not looking like I'll be starting up any time soon.

Compounding my misery is about 6 inches of snow and temperatures that haven't gotten out of the teens in over a week.  Adding insult to injury, my diesel tractor won't start because of the frigid temperatures.  With no tractor, I can't even clear the snow. And it's snowing again now.

Yuck.


I shudder to think how fat and out of shape my horses will be by the time I actually get around to riding again.  Of course, maybe that's not such a bad thing, as I'll be pretty fat and out of shape, too.  Except for the abs of steel I've developed from these coughing fits.....

...and the 40lbs of winter layers.


I'm just going to start my New Year on January 31st with the Chinese.  It is the Year of the Horse, after all.  If that doesn't work, I think the Persians start their New Year sometime in the spring......


6 comments:

  1. And the pagans technically had their's on Oct 31st of 2013 lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tractor totally died, so I am most sympathetic. Mine's off in the "tractor hospital" for treatment. I hope to have a special battery maintainer, and will use a heating pad on the engine next. It has an internal heater thingie, but the bad batter kept that from working too. I have relearned the art of shoveling. (Well, eventually got the snow blower working, but it doesn't work really well in the barn areas where there is horse poo.

    And, oh, yes, the frozen poo. You can break an ankle stepping on that stuff.

    I am aching for you, and with you. Things should warm up by the end of the week, but then rain, snow, gunk is forecast. I suppose the next torment will be the mud.

    Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Literally and metaphorically lol... ;D The folks at Paradigm Farms have been storing their tractor battery in the house to keep it operational - maybe that would work for you? Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chinese new year sounds like a good plan to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god...I don't know how you survive without a tractor....I would be lost without mine. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...