Poor Jack has developed a blanket rub in a rather awkward spot. I've never seen anything like it before, it actually took me a few minutes to figure out what had happened. The culprit seems to be an oddly placed seam on the inside of the blanket. You can see it in the picture, there. A fleece cooler underneath the blanket will take care of it, I'm sure. Trouble is, Jack is a giant beast of a baby and I don't have a fleece cooler that fits him. The local tack store didn't have one either, which means I have to order one. But, I sort of need it now!
I managed to find a stable sheet that would cover his butt, hopefully it won't rub his chest or withers. The material is a little thin, though. I'm hoping it will be enough. I also fashioned a "patch" for the seam out of my favorite material:
|If it can't be fixed with duct tape, it's probably not worth fixing.|
While I was at it, I repaired the rip in Vinny's blanket with some duct tape, too.
Hopefully we'll be able to get the tractor up and running this weekend, too. At this point, we're not 100% sure of what all is wrong with it. We know it got too cold, and we know we killed the battery trying to get it started again. (It died in the middle of the driveway, too far away from the heater and the garage. We had to get it moving again by any means necessary. We weren't exactly nice.) We think the fuel filter is also clogged and that it might need new glow plugs. Who knows. We'll get it figured out this weekend.