Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ppbbbttthhh

Happy 4th of July!







I am still only a "marginal" 3rd Level rider.  I got a 52% at my last show.  I deserved it, but I don't think the comments on my test really reflected it well.  I got a 4 on one half pass, and the only comment was "needs to start from centerline". I got a 5 on a medium canter where the the only comment was "needs more".  Needs more what?  My collective remarks were "Work on engagement, collection and throughness, then the movements will be easy". Bwahahahaha!

I'm not one to complain about a judge, the scores were fair.... but I wish I'd gotten better comments.

To be honest, I'd probably ridden about 5 times in the two weeks before the show.  It was raining, I wasn't feeling 100%, and I got lazy.  No more of that crap.

As of Monday, I'm doing the "30 day ab challenge" that's all over Facebook and Pinterest.  I need to be fit to ride well.  I'm also making it my goal to ride every day, no excuses!

Since I'm doing the "ab challenge", I decided Spider should be doing it, too, and started working him over raised cavaletti.   He's even cantering over them now, he always used to jump them at canter before.  I'll make a dressage horse of him yet!



2 comments:

  1. Some judges just don't say much to help. But it could also have been the limitations of the scribe. A good scribe can write down tons, and a judge will give lots of feedback. A bad scribe and the judge often just gives up.

    "Needs more," usually means there was not enough lengthening of stride.

    With that little work before the show, Spider and you were probably just not up to snuff yet. 52% is not a disgrace, but you certainly can do better, I'm sure. Don't beat yourself up about it.

    a 30 day ab challenge sounds...well, challenging. I'll have to look it up, but I doubt I have the determination to follow through. Bet you do!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the judge took the words right out of your mouth. It is frustrating when you work and work and are left hoping for a little more input from the judge. No one who reads your blog can deny how much you work on the basics. There is always next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...