Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Show Season Is Upon Us

It's that time again of year again.

Do you think the judges would object to this hat?
Time for the shows to begin....  I haven't even completed my entry forms yet, and I'm already wondering what I was thinking!

Spider and I are doing two shows this month, a schooling show on the 14th and a USEF recognized show on the 21st.  We're taking another crack at 3rd level, this time not during a hurricane.  Hopefully it will go better.  Now I just have to decide which test I want to do....

And, because two shows in one month just wasn't enough of a challenge, I'm also the show manager/secretary for one of the local schooling shows.  I won't be competing in that one, obviously, but I'm sure I'll have my fill of shows for the month of April.

What was I thinking?

So, that's where we're at for the month of April.  I'm going to try to update on the process of getting ready for all these shows, especially the manager/secretary business since there is a serious lack of educational material available for that.






8 comments:

  1. Keep us posted on the show preparation and your managing duties. Spider looks marvelous... where is his umbrella drink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely could have used an umbrella drink! I'll have to remember that for his next photo shoot...

      Delete
  2. Hooray for full immersion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way I learn is to jump in over my head!

      Delete
  3. Yay, I can't wait to hear about your shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'll be able to find time to update!

      Delete
  4. So where? Where? If you go to the Horse Park be sure to let me know. Ride times, level, etc. I will be there to cheer you on if it's at all possible.

    (Have church choir on Sundays.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the Horse Park this time. I'm not ready for that, yet!

      We'll be in May's Landing at Fidler Run Farm. It's a well-run, quiet venue with great footing and a really great place to show. I want to get a few more shows under our belt before I introduce Spider to the chaos that is the Horse Park!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...