Monday, October 8, 2012

My (mostly) Finished Arena

As I was sitting on the deck looking out over my arena the other afternoon, it occurred to me that I never actually posted pictures of my finished arena.  I posted tons of details about building it and the materials, but never the finished product.

I shall amend that grave oversight now.

To refresh your memory, we started with this:

March 2010


April 2010





Pretty much a blank slate.  Now, we have this:

October 2012

October 2012



Features include:

A gazebo and deck for viewing, complete with fireplace, grill, beer/wine fridge and various children's toys (or, as I like to call them, "de-spookers"):

Deck and gazebo are situated at F, which is represented by that fancy arena marker.


A pen for my children where they can "supervise" the training and de-spooking process without getting run over:

People always comment on how calm my horse is at shows...



It even has a pond where I can reflect upon my ride:

It's also close to the beer/wine fridge, in case I need to drown my sorrows.


And, of course, the most important feature:

State of the art, extremely fancy arena markers.  It's the the hallmark of a fine facility.


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And the arena markers do add a bit of whimsical charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!!!! Looks fantastic! I really need to get a fancy viewing area as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! You thought of everything and it is totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I like the "pen" for the child supervisors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It is amazing :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great!! I do like the despooking details. It is rather quiet here at my house so I don't have the benefit.

    The gazebo and pond a lovely touches and, of course, I do admire the rubber mix in your footing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...