Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Old Fool Gets A BooBoo

At 26 years old, you'd think that Vinny would have had enough with youthful shenanigans.  Or, you'd at least think that he's wise enough to not get into scrapes anymore.  But, That's not Vinny's style.

Just look at that saucy mug.  




When I went out to feed on Sunday morning, I found Vinny covered in blood from a huge, ugly gash to his forehead.  My first thought was, "I have not had enough coffee yet to deal with this!"  My second thought was, "How did he do that?!"

This is after cleaning.  Yuck!

I checked the stalls, I checked the fence posts.  No signs of damage there.  The only thing I can figure is that Spider and Vinny must have been playing a little too rough and Vinny got kicked in the face.

The vet decided that the edges of the wound were too rough and the skin too thin to really hold sutures, so we're just letting it be.  He'll have a scar, but that will just add to his character.  He's on antibiotics, and I'm smearing antibiotic ointment on it a few times a day.  He's supposed to be wearing a fly mask, but that's not really going so well....

Come to NJ, see the Amazing Three Eared Horse!
Truly, there is no fool like an old fool!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Vinny. What a goof. Looks like he's handling it all with aplomb, which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm not surprised the vet couldn't stitch that. Glad it's not too serious.

    Horses can find amazing ways to get hurt. I've had a number of mystery injuries I've never been able to figure out.

    The fly mask removal seems to be an art Vinny has clearly mastered. Good luck with that. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look like a nasty cut. Yech! Hope he heals soon - and good luck with the fly mask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Vinny :( It doesn't look like a kick mark to me, but my horses are forever getting boo boos I can't id. Who knows. He looks so cute in his mask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch!! Poor guy! Hope it heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better Vinny.

    You should sell tickets for the three-eared horse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aye aye aye, wrap him in bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...