Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Spider!

On this very day in 2006 I signed the paperwork that made a little bay Thoroughbred named Spider officially my horse.  It has only been six years, but it seems like a lifetime.

Spider about six months after I purchased him.


It's amazing how much my life has changed since that day.  When I signed that paper, I was the manager of a training/sales barn.  Now, I'm an amateur... and I have my own farm and two kids to raise.  If you'd asked me six years ago what I thought my life would be like in 2012, my guess wouldn't have even been close to this!

Spider at his first dressage show in 2007.   Please ignore the slouching cretin in the saddle. 

While my life has changed so radically, Spider has been constant.

Spider in 2008, just a few weeks after my oldest child was born.

He has weathered all the changes in my life and kept his good nature through it all.

How many dressage horses can double as a chicken roost?


In just six years, he has gone from jumper, to dressage horse, to backyard farm horse, to little kids' pet and pony. And he's done it with the grace and style of a true gentleman.

Best Schoolmaster Ever



Happy anniversary, buddy.

My favorite view

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    My horse and I will also celebrate six years at the end of 2012. Spider is truly a part of your family and a beautiful dressage horse. Love the chicken roosting photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to many more anniversaries for you and Spider! He's a lovely horse, and you two make a lovely pair. Chicken picture is priceless. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to your and Spider and may you celebrate many more. Love a horse as versatile as Spider, not every horse can be a chicken roost and a kid's pet pony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Spider make quite a team! And your riding position is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I love your pictures of him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww so sweet! What a good faithful friend he has been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Spider is an incredible boy. I hope I will meet him in person this summer...at the NJ Horse Park!! Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY Happy Anniversay! Spider - you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...