Sunday, August 28, 2011

Here Comes The Sun

"It's all right..."

Those are the lyrics to one of my favorite Beatles' tunes, and highly appropriate right now.  The sun is shining brightly here right now.  Irene has passed.  For us here in South Jersey, she was mostly bark and no bite.  There is some flooding, because our area had already been inundated with rain this past week, but little wind damage.  We were very lucky, and I'm glad I over-prepared.

Now I have to figure out how to get weatherproof livestock paint off my horses.  Because, right now, I've got three walking billboards in my pasture advertising my cell phone number to every passer by!


4 comments:

  1. ^-^ LOL!
    It is good to over-prepared, you will be prepared in case of another nature threat.

    How to remove paint hmmm? Acetone? and you bleach their coat too?
    Just kidding.

    They should loose their summer hair anyway, I know Teena is as the days grow shorter. so the paint should come off with the hair, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're okay. Funny about the phone #'s, but much better safe than sorry :)
    The picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got clobbered. More rain than wind damage, but the wind damage we had was power out all over the place.

    Glad I was well prepared too, but I did not paint my horses. Might have been a good thing considering your situation. No idea what might work to take the paint off, unless you clip???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...