Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bureaucracies

I hate bureaucratic nonsense.

For the first time in four years I'm taking Spider out to show.  Which means I need to do our memberships. Trying to figure out what I need for a recognized show is frustrating.  Really frustrating.  But, while scouring the USDF website, trying to make sense of the bureaucratic mumbo jumbo, I came across this page:

http://www.usdf.org/competitions/competitors/membership-checklist.asp

It's a handy little guide to what memberships you need to compete and qualify for different shows and awards.

Spider and I have decided that we're going to do First Level Test 3.  Mostly because if I'm having a bad back day I'll need to post.  Right now I just want to get him out and back into "show mode".  We'll conquer the harder stuff later in the season.  Maybe....


5 comments:

  1. I know! I looked at this as well and couldn't figure it out. I just decided not show this year. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The benefit of being a poor college grad is that I can't even dream of affording memberships to anything, much less showing at cool shows with awards. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on how much you show, the membership is a good idea. Toby and Tucker have lifetime registration numbers, but Chance doesn't and the fees have gone up. I didn't renew my memberships yet this year myself, because I had no plans of showing, but there are nice benefits.

    I do fear your showing will be expensive this time out, but hopefully you will have a good time anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...