Monday, April 18, 2011

Equine Therapy

I have this cat.  He's awful.  Even by cat standards.  He pees on things, makes a ruckus in the middle of the night that wakes me up, hides at the top of the stairs to whack me on the head as I go up and is just generally loud and annoying.  But, my daughter loves him.  And so, I put up with the awful cat.

Awful Cat


A few days ago the awful cat got out of the house and ran off. My daughter was heartbroken.  She asked for him every day, especially at bed time.  The awful cat used to sleep with her.  Because my daughter was heartbroken, I was heartbroken.  Stupid cat.

Needless to say, it had been several stressful, tear laden days in our household with my daughter sobbing over her lost cat and me tearing my hair out.

And then last night I heard a noise on the porch.  I opened the front door in time to see the awful cat dart down the porch.  I ran to the back door just in time to see the cat run around the garage and through my arena.  I turned all the floodlights on and ran after him.  The stupid cat ran off into the woods and wouldn't come no matter how much I called him.  But, Spider came up.  I hadn't ridden him in a couple days, the weather here has been awful with storms and high winds.  As I stood in the arena, with all the floodlights on,  eyeing the western end of an east bound cat, I thought to myself "Hey, it's pretty bright out here.  I bet I could ride."  So I did.  And as I rode around all my troubles melted away.  It's amazing how a good ride can make you feel better.  I don't think there is a problem in the world that couldn't be solved on the back of a horse.

And that's how I ended up riding my horse at 10:30 at night.

It was a good ride.  Thanks, awful cat.

By the way, the awful cat is back as of this morning.  I have mixed feelings about it, but my daughter is thrilled.

11 comments:

  1. "Awful Cat" looks like part Siamese, which may account for the noise. Is he an only cat as well?

    I have to laugh about the bopping you on the head. He's just looking for attention. *G* But Daughter's love is a powerful force. I have a feeling Awful Cat will live with you for the rest of his life. *S*

    I've ridden late like that myself, but mostly in the hot days of summer. No flies and generally cooler. It's nice having lights in the arena. As far as I'm concerned, it's an essential.

    Glad you got a ride in between these dreadful rain "events." (storms....yuck...at least it's not snow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awful cat, indeed (from a confirmed cat lover with her share of almost awful cats). Glad awful cat returned after leading you to a nice late evening ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky for awful cat that your daughter loves him. We have an awful cat that prowls around here terrorizing our cat. Despite chasing him off every time we see him, he insists on coming back. I love cats - but not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps "slightly less awful" cat now? Happy daughter, happy mother... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devil cat - that is what my daughter calls our Siamese. She is loud, obnoxious, and has this 'trick' she does that looks like she is praying :) Gotta love em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^-^ My awful cat is called FatCat, there are many photos of her on my FBpages. She LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEES Oliver, that is why i keep her. She is dumb, attacks our feet in the morning or us if in a bad mood. But when it comes down to Olly, she is perfect. She is perfect.
    So you have my most sympathies!

    Good ride for you. Was Spider happy too to be ridden?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to ride at night! Glad awful cat is back, at least for your daughters sake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for your daughter that 'awful cat' returned. He seems like a real pest but at least you got to ride and feel better before he came home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is soooo cute. The picture is adorable. Cats are supposed to torture us I think. One of our three is 18 and I can't begin to tell you the trouble he causes, but we love him :)
    Your ride sounds incredible. Good for you for jumping on at 10:30 at night. Aren't we lucky people to have this in our lives? WHat do non horse people do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupid cat...

    Glad he's back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe sorry but that's so funny. :) I'm glad he's back at least for your daughter's sake. I miss riding at night in the summer. I used to do that all the time. Glad you had a good ride when you needed it the most.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...