Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Foggy Morning


It appears the snow/ice storm passed us by.  Three cheers for that!  Although, I do feel sorry for everyone out there who got hammered.  I had my fair share of that weather last year, it was no fun.

It's been pretty warm here the past two days, in the 40s F, and the snow is starting to melt.  It's been foggy for most of the day.  And not the pretty "Scottish Moors" type of fog.   More like Stephen King's "The Mist".

On the bright side, I did notice this:


What's that stuff?

Oh, that's right!  There's an actual arena under all that snow.  I had nearly forgotten!

It's supposed to freeze again tonight, so I doubt I'll be able to use my arena for riding any time soon.  I might be able to use it as an ice rink, though.  Too bad I don't know how to ice skate.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you missed the really bad weather - it looks like a nightmare on the news. This is a hard time of year, physically and mentally.

    I guess we're closer to the end than the beginning at this point, and is is staying light later. Not putting much stock in that ground hog's prediction though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got an ice skating rink around here too. The driveway is dicey to say the least. We had snow followed by an ice storm. This is getting old. Hope that ground hog knows what he's talking about predicting an early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love foggy pictures. Glad the bad weather missed you, it is moving out of here and we are supposed to be back to normal tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice here, but I think the coating on things kind of melted in the rain today. It's the freeze tonight that promises a slippery mess wherever there was standing water or wet snow.

    I do admire the bare ground you seem to have there. Makes a nice contrast to perpetual white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No time like the present to learn to skate, right? ;-) Your kids can do it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, there is an award for you at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...