Friday, June 18, 2010

Introducing The Newest Member Of Our Herd


Friday, June 11th, we welcomed the newest addition to our little herd, a little boy! Stephen was born weighing 7lbs 13 oz and measuring 21 inches. He was a cesarean section, as was my first, so my recovery will be a little longer. We're all still adjusting and recovering right now, but I'll hopefully be back in the swing of things soon.

With my first I was riding again after 4 weeks. I feel better this time around, but I'll still probably wait 4 weeks before getting back in the saddle (if I can hold out that long). I'll start lunging again as soon as I feel up to it. Walking is an excellent low impact strengthening exercise, and lunging certainly requires a lot of walking. Next week I'll probably start the exercises I learned in physical therapy, the really easy ones I did right after breaking my back to strengthen my abdominals. I must admit, I'm beginning to get a bit stir crazy. I'm generally a very active person, a week of resting up does not suit me at all.

Spider is bored as well. Pretty much all I'm doing these days is dropping their feed and hay twice a day, then a quick pet and it's back to the house to meet the demands of a a newborn and toddler. I can tell Spider's as ready to get back to work as I am. All in good time. These things can't be rushed.

6 comments:

  1. Very exciting - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, but take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen is quite a handsome young man. *G* Congratulations, indeed. I was checking here every day hoping for this news.

    Take your time in the recovery. I'm sure you know your own limits, but don't let impatience push you past being sensible about it. Besides, taking care of two little ones is enough work during your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephenb - welcome to the big wide world!!!!

    Spider I inderstand but you will have to be patient a little longer......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Stephen looks lovely, I hope he is a good baby and he sleeps allnight long ...
    I wish you a fast and complete recovery.
    All the best,
    Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Amazing that you're still thinking about training - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...