Friday, February 5, 2010

Still Waiting


The snow has yet to arrive. The farm is as ready as it's going to be. So now we sit and we wait.

On my way back from the mailbox this morning, I noticed that the pear trees have started to bud. They're always the first to bloom in the spring. It was a good reminder that spring is coming. No blizzard can stop the progression of the seasons, so let the weather do it's worst.

Those little buds are exactly the lift I needed on a dreary, gray February day.

1 comment:

  1. I too am waiting, but our prediction is for fewer inches. From all accounts, South Jersey is going to get the worst again.

    I still have to do the "get ready for the storm" barn chores including stocking up on hay in the barn itself. No big deal, but I need to get myself out there and do it before the night wears on and the snow starts here too.

    Wishing you spring even in the midst of blizzard. Perhaps we both can just keep it in our hearts despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...