Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Ponies


I'm pretty sure I was in NJ when I went to bed last night. I woke up in Canada. We've been in blizzard conditions since this morning and the snow shows no signs of stopping.

We've gotten around 3 feet so far, I think. With the wind it's hard to tell. We have two feet in some places, and four foot drifts in others. I think everything above one foot is a moot point anyway.

The horses are taking it in stride. Spider and Vinny have been kicking up their heels off and on. I'm sure Matilda would join them if the snow drifts weren't taller than her.

3 comments:

  1. I was afraid you were getting hit badly. My friend is near Fort Dix and she's had heavy snow too. Around here (Exit 8A) we are at around 10 inches, I guess.

    The horse just take it all in stride. Then again, maybe it's easier for them to get through the snow than it is for me.

    Wishing you well...and an early thaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horse love the snow - people, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visual. It's making me feel a little less whiny about the cold here, since it is dry...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...