Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year? Bah Humbug!

Not much going on here, I've spent the last week or so wrapping up the torture that is "The Holidays". Driving around to visit various family members is a hassle, and really cuts into my horse time. Next year I'm staying home. If they want to see me, they can come here!

Not that I could have done anything with the horses, anyway. The weather has been miserable, windy and mostly below freezing. Matilda is still living in the chicken coop, as the weather has kept us from reinforcing the fence. And, to add insult to injury, the several freezes and thaws have loosened one of the posts in the fence, causing the entire fence to sag. The post will have to be removed and reset, which can't be done until the ground thaws.

The boys are currently drinking out of a big Rubbermaid storage tub, as their regular water tub cracked in one of the freezes. Spider, being Spider, is still very upset by this assault to the Feng Shui of his home. He refused to drink out of it for the first day. He's since given up his strike, but still eyes the tub as though it were a poisonous viper before drinking out of it.

In short, I am sick to death of winter and it's only January. I wonder if they have have horse farms in Bermuda?

2 comments:

  1. I hope they do. You buy it, I'll come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they have horses in bermuda. There was even an Bermuda Olympic rider or two. However, costs to import the feed and hay you'd need would be horrible.

    The winter has been one of the "unfriendliest" I can remember in a long time. Since I'm not trying to ride, it hasn't mattered too much, but bummer anyhow. At least I don't have ice.

    Poor Spider. He is a sensitive soul who doesn't like to step out of his "comfort zone." I'm glad he's managed to overcome his concerns and drink the water. Super important this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...