Monday, December 21, 2009

Well, It Isn't Raining!


We've gotten around two feet of snow since Friday night. I'm not sure exactly how much it was, but it was enough to completely bury the round muck tubs I use as the horses water tubs. The weatherman is saying this is one of the heaviest snows in 100 years. The snow is up to the horses knees, and up past Matilda's belly. I suppose I won't be lunging her for a while.

Saturday was actually the worst, it snowed hard all day. The chickens left the coop in the morning when there was only around 6 inches of snow. By the time dusk rolled around we had well over a foot of snow on the ground and they couldn't get back to the coop. I spent an hour wading through snow finding and rescuing them.


The boys are faring well, they're both tall so the snow doesn't bother them too much. They seem to like eating it, no worries about dehydration here. I wonder if they've been warned about the yellow snow......


Needless to say, we did not get around to pony-proofing the fence this weekend. So Matilda is still living in the chicken coop. I thought she would have trouble getting around, but she's managed to wear down little paths through the snow. Clever pony.


It's supposed to rain on Friday, hopefully that will melt all this wretched snow. Until then, I'm not getting much done besides trudging along.

Happy Solstice!

2 comments:

  1. My sympathy, honestly. We had over a foot, but south of here it was double that. Nor'easters are dreadful things. Matilda is one smart little critter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pony path! Smart pony - but then most ponies seem to be smart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...