Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas



The snow situation is improving, it's only around a foot high now. I was able to get the gate open, too. No more climbing over with a bucket full of wet beet pulp. Tomorrow's forecast calls for rain, which should melt away most of the icy stuff. I suppose most people would be upset about rain and gloom on Christmas Day, but I care more about not wading through a snowy mess. The only downside is that everything will probably turn into a soaking wet mess. Oh well, I guess that's the price I'll have to pay.

The high today was around 40 F, so I took the boys blankets off for a bit. They took the opportunity to soak up some sun. Hopefully Vinny isn't too wet, I'll have to towel him off before I put his blanket on this evening.

All the horses got carrots in their beet pulp this morning. They'll get the same for dinner and breakfast tomorrow. I might even add in a few of the pears I have for tomorrow. It is Christmas, after all. The humans are having a special meal, it's only fair that they get a little something, too.

Oh, I keep forgetting. SprinklerBandit asked if I took the picture of Spider in one of my last posts. I did, thank you. I take all the pictures for my blog, unless of course it's a picture of me on a horse. Obviously it would be hard to take a picture of myself on the horse while on the horse. My husband takes the pictures of me on the horse. I have little talent as a photographer, but I do have a very nice camera and access to digital editing software, which makes up for my lack of talent. I learned long ago that the secret to photographing animals and children is to take as many pictures as possible and then edit them to death.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas from Me, Spider, Vinny, Matilda and The Chickens!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, your family, and all the four legged beasties and, of course those chickens--Matilda's pals. Looking forward to the snow melt myself...but not the mud afterwards. Winter....*sigh*

    May the love, joy, hope and peace of the season fill your hearts and lives for the New Year and well beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...