Friday, October 2, 2009

A Nice Fall Day


I finally got out to ride yesterday evening. It was a little chilly, but still nice. I actually enjoy riding when there's a little bit of a bite in the air. It makes the horses a bit frisky and much more forward!

I'm still having a bit of trouble getting Spider into the right rein when tracking left, even with fixing my seat. It's better now that I'm concentrating on sitting straight in the saddle, but it's still there. But now I suppose it really just boils down to a fitness issue. I've been trying to concentrate on doing more work tracking left to build up his strength. And we're still doing lots of lateral work, particularly shoulder in and leg-yields, to encourage him engage his left hind. He'll get there, I just have to remind myself that these things take time.

1 comment:

  1. I still have to consciously fix my position when I ride my guys, and I've been aware of it for a lot longer than you have, so you are right--Things Take Time. Just be patient and determined.

    It was a beautiful day up here too. Perfect for riding....but rain on the way...again...ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...