Sunday, September 27, 2009

Changes

No, not lead changes.......Blog Changes! I'm feeling artistically inspired (Thanks to Kate of A Year With Horses). So, for a little while my blog might look like a hot mess. Let me know if it's better or worse. Don't worry about critiquing me, I have very thick skin. I'm actually one of those weirdos who thrives on critisism. After all, my favorite saying is: You'll never learn anything until you screw it up real good!

I just re-read those last three sentences and I realized that thriving on critisism and learning everything through screwing it up pretty much defines the sport of dressage. Psychologists should define a new neurosis based on the minds of dressage riders..... It's half sado-masochism, 1/4 low self esteem, and 1/4 delusions of grandeur!

2 comments:

  1. The blog looks nice. I have trouble myself picking a template, as I have several blogs. (Only Follywoods is really active right now.)

    I do like your analysis of dressage. It's one of the only sports where you come back with a smile on your face if you score a 7! Now, in the classroom a 70 is just barely a "C," and scores in the 60's might even be failing. Yet, you go with a 60% in dressage and actually feel you've accomplished something!

    Love the post below about the warm up rider. The other day as I was grooming and saddling horse #3, I kept thinking how nice it would be if I could just go out to the barn and have the Boys all saddled up and just waiting for me to get on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's nice to just try different blog looks - and it's fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...