Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another Good Ride

And a beatiful day, too. Well, it was overcast....but the temperature was nice. Spider barely even broke a sweat.

He was definitely calmer today. We did a nice long warm-up free walk, then I put him together and warmed up at the trot and canter. He was a bit resistant in the contact today, rooting and coming up above the bit. I may have been a little too hard on his mouth yesterday. Spider tends to get offended easily, so much so that I call him "the little Princess". We worked through it, though. I made sure to keep my hands light and give on the inside when he took the contact and he soon forgave me. That's the nice thing about Spider, he never holds a grudge.

He and I are both woefully out of shape, so we didn't get much accomplished. His canter and walk were good, so I left them alone for now. We did a lot of shoulder in and haunches in and a few leg yields at the trot to loosen him up and get those hind legs moving. In the end I got a really lovely trot out of him, so we called it a day.

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice day here too. I managed a ride myself. Didn't ride the TB, though. Sometimes I need a break from attitude. I can tell you know what I mean about that. Spider has some too. *lol*

    Big show at the Horse Park this weekend, but entries were down from what I heard. Funny. haven't shown for two seasons now and I don't miss it at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...