Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hocks


Tuesday I had Spider's hocks injected, so no riding until Friday, and only light work then. He already seems to be moving more comfortably.
We saw Dr. Oliver Elbert of Hopewell, NJ for the first time. I must say I was very impressed with him. He took quite a bit of time with us and was very willing to discuss Spider's issues. Although, he did admonish me for not riding enough. He has a point though, we're never going to get anywhere unless I get my butt in the saddle. I should have had him write a prescription to show my husband: Rx- Ride 5x/week!


In addition to getting his hocks done, I had Dr. Elbert look at Spider's teeth to see if there was anything physical causing him to open his mouth on the bit. According to the Doc, Spider has a slight overbite which causes his front teeth to not wear down correctly. Because his front teeth were overgrown, he couldn't close his jaw correctly on the bit. He floated them down and hopefully we'll see an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...