Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Week



Another week's gone by too quick. My weekend was spent putting in 95 fenceposts on our new farm. Why did we buy property with no fencing again? Needless to say, I haven't done much riding! What we have done was OK. Not great, not awful.....just OK. Luckily I've managed to get an appointment for next Tuesday to have his hocks injected. I'm hoping to see a huge turnaround after that.


The highlight of the week was a visit from my saddler, the very talented Fred Taht of Custom Saddlery. Once a year I get Fred to come down and check the fit of my saddle, as over time (and work) a horse's back can change shape and the flocking in the saddle gets worn down. Historically speaking, because Spider tends to fall in on his left shoulder I tend to smash down the flocking on the left side. This time, however, I was very pleased to find out the the left and right sides of the saddle were (mostly) even! The saddle did need to be adjusted, but it was because Spider has finally developed some muscles in his back. Fred takes a tracing of the horse's back when he does a fitting and sure enough, Spider's back has filled out quite nicely since last year. I should have taken a picture of the tracings to hang on my wall. I mean, I know I'm doing good work by the way he feels, but it's nice to have a little photographic evidence to back that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love them, even though I'm really bad at replying. (Sorry! I always say I'm going to work on that, but then I get distracted...... Hey is that a squirrel?)

I've turned off the word verification because it's hard to read and annoying. But, I'm also too lazy to approve comments, so now it's a free for all. Please note: If you spam my blog, I will spam you back. Literally. I will hunt you down and pelt you with canned meat until you beg for mercy. So, please, no spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...